Testing requirements for the Aikido-L mailing list
- Subscribe successfully onto the list
- Post at least three on-topic messages
- Receive at least one reply from Mike, Cady, or Kjartan.
- Sent an 'unsubscribe' message to the list instead of the listserv
- Post at least three off-topic messages (ahem)
- Start a thread which receives at least three online responses
- Converse off the list with another list member
- Inadvertently start up a Pun War
- Heard the name 'Ivan' mentioned
- Participate in Ki/Atemi/Ukemi/Steven Seagal Wars
- Post a seminar review or seminar announcement
- Post a message which gets flamed
- Understand the "NoMail" command
- Meet another list member in "real life"
- Post a message which gets flamed by an Aikido-L "Old-timer"
- Post a seminar review which starts a thread
- Go on vacation, ignore the "NoMail" command, come back, then slog through several hundred Aikido-L messages since you didn't want to miss anything
- Have your name in the subject line of a thread (which you did not start)
- Receive something through the postal service from another list member
- Post at least three messages which disagrees with at least three "Old Timers"
- Know about Ivan
- Take an Aikido-L sabbatical of at least three weeks (just because -- balance in life, you know)
- Attend an Aikido-L Seminar (ahem)
- Visit the school of a different "style" than yours taught by a list member
- Be mentioned in The Aikido FAQ or on AikiWeb
- Read a post by Ivan from when he was on the list
- Started a thread which none of the old-timers can remember having been discussed before.
- Met at least 10 Aikido-L members (not counting on the Aikido-L Seminars, nor members of your own dojo/city)
- Met Ivan
- Written entire sections of the AikiWeb or the Aikido FAQ.
Sifu Soke Shihan Menkyo Kaiden 10. Dan
- Unsubscribe successfully without asking for help.